Where To Find Us
275 Main St
Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B1
Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B1
Description & Services
The YMCA Yarmouth is a charitable organization, open to all, dedicated to the lifelong enrichment of our community by fostering the growth and development of people in body, mind, and spirit.
What does a membership to the YMCA Yarmouth include?
Membership includes full facility usage, including the pool, fitness center, group fitness classes, and use of the racquetball courts. Adult members also have use of the saunas. All members receive reduced fees on specialty classes and programs that are offered.
- Air Conditioned Spin Room
- Cardio Theatre
- Air Conditioned Aerobics Studio
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Fitness Centre
- Youth Lockers
- Games Room
- Kitchen Facilities
- Pool Table
- Racquetball Courts
- Adult Lockers
- Party Rental Rooms
- Aerobic Equipment
- Table Tennis
- Family/Special Needs Change Room
- Air-Assisted Strength Training Equipment
- Climbing Wall
YMCA Programs include
- Friday Night Fun happens every week. There's lots to do including gym time, sports practice, ping pong, swimming and more. Registration begins at 5:30 and there are 35 spots available. Free to youth ages 8-12.
- The YMCA of Yarmouth is a partner in the Cardiac Rehab program. If you or someone you know has suffered a heart attack, ask your Doctor how you can get involved in the Cardiac Rehab program every Tuesday and Thursday.
- The Encore Program is a specialized program for women recovering from breast cancer and/or women who have had breast cancer at any time in their lives. The program is delivered 3 times a year at the YMCA in Yarmouth. There is no cost to participants. Pre-registration is necessary.
- PICKLEBALL is one of the fastest growing sports today. The YMCA offers pickleball three times weekly. Booked slots and drop-ins are available. Great game for all ages and fitness levels. Come and give it a try! Check out our gym schedule for available times.
- Swimming lessons, parent & tot swimming, lifesaving courses and Swim to Survive
- Tumblebugs gymnastics and movement for ages 3-6
- Parent & Tot Playground for ages 5 and under
- YREACH, a new and expanded YMCA Program, provides information, orientation and settlement support to Immigrants and Temporary Foreign Workers and their families who are new to communities across the province of Nova Scotia.
Full schedules for fitness classes, yoga, recreational swimming, cycle fit, step aerobics, aquafitness and more are available on the Yarmouth YMCA website.
Contact us for more information.
Mon - Fri 6 am - 9 pm, Sat & Sun 8 am - 7 pm
Basketball ; Fall Fun ; Fitness ; Fitness Centres ; Gyms ; Pools ; Recreation Categories ; Recreation Facilities ; South Shore Connect ; Swimming ; Volunteer Opportunity ; Yoga ; Youth
Categories - General
Swimming Facilities ; Yoga
About this Information
Last Modified: 01 Mar 2020 | Last Full Update: 01 Mar 2020