Win great prizes and be featured on the SouthShoreConnect.ca website and social media while helping promote your wonderful community!
To participate: enter a video up to 60 seconds in length depicting how you “connect” to the beautiful Nova Scotia South Shore. Do you connect to your community through volunteering? Do you connect to nature through a favorite trail or beach? Does your family connect over sharing a recreation or sport activity? Submit your video describing how you “connect” and you could win a night stay at a South Shore favorite destination – White Point Beach Lodge or a Go Pro Hero to capture even more adventures!
Contest participants will enter a video up to 60 seconds in length depicting how they “connect” to the beautiful Nova Scotian South Shore. Do you connect to your community through volunteering? Do you connect to nature through a favorite trail or beach? Does your family connect over sharing a recreation or sport activity? Submit your video describing how you “connect” and you could win a night stay at a South Shore favorite destination – White Point Beach Lodge or a Go Pro Hero to capture even more adventures!
- The contest is open to all residents of the South Shore Region of Nova Scotia (Yarmouth, Shelburne, Queens and Lunenburg Counties).
- The contest is open to all ages. A media release must be signed by a guardian for any entrants under age 18 including those included in a family video submission.
- Employees of Municipal Units in Yarmouth, Shelburne, Queens and Lunenburg Counties and members of their immediate families are not eligible for prizes.
- Video submissions will be accepted from February 1, 2017 to May 31, 2017. A completed contest registration form must accompany each submission. Each video may only be submitted once, but individuals may enter as many videos as they wish.
Submitting your Video
- Complete the “How Do You Connect?” Video Contest Submission Form.
- Video’s should be no longer than 60 seconds.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Be sure the privacy settings for the video are public or unlisted (but not private).
- Comply with YouTube terms of service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at http://www.youtube.com/t/termsand as may otherwise be posted on the YouTube website.
- All persons appearing in the video must have a completed media release form.
- Your video may not contain inappropriate material as determined by the SouthSoreConnect.ca committee. This includes profanity, dangerous stunts, and material that is likely to cause offense or harm the reputation of any person or organization.
Winning Video Selection and Notification
- Winners will be notified after a Random Draw no later than June 14th. Winners will be announced on SouthShoreConnect.ca and affiliated social media.
- The Ist place winner will have the choice between a one-night family stay at White Point Beach Resort or a GoPro Hero. The second submission drawn will receive the prize remaining. The prize must be accepted as is; there are no cash substitutions.
- Videos may be features on SouthShoreConnect.ca and affiliated social media at any time in the contest duration.
Assignment of Rights in Video Submission and Use of Video Entries
- All Video entries will become the property of SouthShoreConnect.ca. By agreeing to submit a Video Entry, the entrant and all persons present in the video grant SouthShoreConnect.ca the right to use the Video entry including an entrants’ and accompanying individuals’ names, images, likenesses or voices or any part thereof, for any purpose whatsoever, whether for internal or external communications in any marketing material whether in print, radio, television, interactive media, or any other media throughout the world in all languages, in perpetuity in connection with this contest.
- Contestants agree that all rights to the Video entry or other submissions, including copyright and moral rights, will be irrevocably assigned to SouthShoreConnect.ca, to be used by SouthShoreConnect.ca for any purpose it / they deem(s) appropriate. All participants will be required to sign a video consent form and release these rights prior to entering the contest and, if applicable, prior to their prize being awarded.
- This video contest is sponsored by the SouthShoreConnect Management Committee, made up of representatives of Municipal Departments in Yarmouth, Shelburne, Queens and Lunenburg Counties.
- For more information please contact Misty James at Yarmouth Recreation, 902-742-8868 or firstname.lastname@example.org